Saturday 23 February 2013

My Mirror of Doom



Like a whiff of fresh air you entered my soul
You were the spring blossoms brightening me up,The calm autumn of my dreary state...

You with the freshness of morning dew;
You were my talisman, my good luck, my charm..
You were the chocolate chip cookies to the crazed out me...

You ....with you childishness..
So full of passion , so full of energy..
Already everything of the man you wanted to be,
Impulsive, compulsive and a rebel
Yu were immature, even insolent!
         But your innocence seeped through still...

Alas! My own personal addiction changed;
My morning dew tuned to winrty gloom
My shadow became my stalker
My love changed to hate..
Hate changed to love; No longer do I know the difference..
We grew up, lives took control of us and all dreams came splattering down...
Crushed dreams do not make for happy images..
The castles we built collapsed and the truth emerged in bitter spasms;
                            Volatile, Murky and Ugly...
The Left over brokem shards of a mirror once complete.....

2 comments:

  1. Aah. The quintessential poem for all those who have loved and lost.
    C'est la vie..c'est la vie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah, well yes.. It's often a wonder whether its better to have loved and lost or have not loved at all?!

    ReplyDelete